- The event is the classic marathon distance of 42.2km (26.2 miles). There is also a half-marathon option.
- Individual results will be categorized into male and female divisions.
- The time limit for completing the marathon is 8 hours.
- Any athlete who exhibits severe conditions that are deemed detrimental to their health may be withdrawn from the race by officials or stopped temporarily while appropriate treatment and advice is administered.
- The Race Director's decisions are final.
- The marathon is set for December 15, 2024, in Punta Arenas, following the Antarctic Ice Marathon group's return. If the group's return is delayed, the Strait of Magellan Marathon will be postponed accordingly.
- I understand there might be very short notice of any marathon date changes. If unable to participate due to rescheduling, no refunds or deferrals will be granted.
- The Registration fee is $199 USD. Runbuk will provide entry, manned aid stations, an official T-shirt, medals, and professional photos for personal use.
- Full payment is required on initial registration. We accept online payment using a credit card or via Zelle.
- CANCELLATIONS POLICY: Entry fees are non-refundable. I understand that upon receipt of my entry fee, refunds will not be provided in case of non-participation or event cancellation due to weather, natural disasters, or unforeseen circumstances. In the event of race cancellation, Runbuk holds no responsibility for any incurred expenses related to my intended participation, including travel, accommodations, or any other arrangements.
- All participants should be physically fit and capable of safely completing the Strait of Magellan Marathon. Participants are financially responsible for all costs related to training for and participating in the Strait of Magellan Marathon, including but not limited to medical transport, treatment, hospital stays, physician services, and medications. Please consult with your doctor before entering the race.
- I authorize Runbuk to arrange medical care, access my records for necessary treatment, and in emergencies, provide on-site care and hospital transportation if required. I accept responsibility for any payments to service providers and permit sharing my contact details for payment purposes.
- TRAVEL / MEDICAL INSURANCE: Each participant is responsible for their own insurance to cover trip cancellation/interruption, and participation of the marathon.
- USE OF IMAGE: I understand that during the race or in related activities, I may be photographed, filmed, and/or videotaped. I agree to allow my name, photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate promotional purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns. (In cases where there are Army Special Forces involved, Runbuk Inc. will agree to protect identities as requested).
- VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I confirm that I have willingly applied to participate in the Strait of Magellan Marathon and have thoroughly read and understood the description and terms. I am fully aware of any potential risks involved in my participation.
I understand running the Strait of Magellan Marathon is a serious athletic endeavor both physically and mentally, which carries the risk of injuries or death. These risks encompass various factors such as terrain, weather conditions, facilities, participants' physical condition, equipment, traffic, actions of participants, volunteers, spectators, event officials, as well as the possibility of health issues, including but not limited to dehydration, heat stoke, hypothermia.
I certify that I am in good physical condition and have adequately trained for the Strait of Magellan Marathon.
I willingly accept all risks associated with participating in the Strait of Magellan Marathon and its related activities, including travel to and from the event. I acknowledge that I am voluntarily assuming all risks, regardless of their cause, including those previously mentioned, as a result of my participation.
11. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY
In consideration of the services of Runbuk, Inc. (433 Airport Blvd. Suite 415, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA), the Race Director and agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, sponsors, medical personnel and all other persons, or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf: I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge them, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
I release Runbuk Inc. and all of its agents and representatives or other entities acting on their behalf from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, and demands that I may have for bodily injury, death, or property damage, loss of income, delays and claims of every sort and nature whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with my participation in the Strait of Magellan Marathon.
Runbuk, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the Strait of Magellan Marathon if it does not reach a minimum level of participants (20) to make it economically feasible to operate. 2024 competitors will be informed by November 30, 2024. The refund of all monies received will be the limit of our liability. We will not be liable for other costs incurred by you in preparing for the event. In the case of a late cancellation or interruption of the race due to unforeseen circumstances, the registration fee is non-refundable.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of California, USA. The parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California as regards any claim, dispute, or matter arising out of, or in connection with this Agreement.
I have carefully read and understand the description, rules and terms of the 2024 Strait of Magellan Marathon and I am participating with a thorough knowledge of the risks involved. I freely and voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions by submitting the registration form.